Friday, October 16, 2009

Employed

I am employed, Oh so employed....
I have four jobs, possibly five in the next week or so. As it stands I am bar tender, substitute teacher, rec center janitor as well as laundromat janitor. I have been told that now I am an official Atlinite. Apparently you're only official once you have more than one job at a time. I'm not sure how many hours this will all work out to be, since one cleaning job and obviously the substitute teaching job varies from week to week. I'm still applying for jobs because i would really like something a bit stable, but so far I think I'm surviving.

My current jobs were all offered to me within the week of being laid off. It worked out well that's for sure. I haven't had the chance to teach yet and honestly it freaks me out. I have never had a class to myself and each of these classes span three grades so there's lots of juggling. I've decided to volunteer some time at the school in the library since they don't have funding for a librarian. Organization here I come! Plus the principal would like me to tutor some of the kids who are having challenges with reading. I think the volunteer time is what I'm excited about the most. I love helping kids learn to read!

The high school has just hired a new teacher. She comes this week and I'm already excited. Proof of settling into a small town is when you get excited for outsiders to move in because they might be your friend. Apparently she's very nice and about my age. I hope she likes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment