Thursday, December 13, 2012

My house is a pyramid

Seriously

 My house is a pyramid

I live in a log pyramid with cedar shingles and windows that look like  ethereal eyes. Sometimes it feels like the building might rise up out of the inconvenient artesian well that it's slowly sinking into and walk/fly/whatever away. My mom was interested in Atlin in the 80's where strange "spiritual" things were happening. She was pretty into the occult when she was younger and Atlin was of particular interest. When she converted to Christianity she was creep-ed out more than anything. She had heard of a healing centre created with the power of prisms - and here I am living in it. I expected the house to have a creepier feel to it. Maybe that spirits would have been left behind from whatever shenanigans the Brannigans brought with them when they opened the Atlin Healing Centre. As far as I can tell, the worst we've got is a creaky chimney and doors that fall open due to the foundation shift. Come to think of it, I think there are only 2 or 3 doors in the house that actually shut. People have mentioned they sensed spirits in this house back in the day. I have a theory. The building is basically a giant bird perch. Unbeknownst to the birds, a real good wind could give just enough momentum to drop a happily sun bathing seagull right down the chimney chute. Lots of room to get down, none to fly back up. The duress and struggle of birds would likely resemble a poltergeist right? T said that when he moved in there was a layer of burned bird carcasses. He HATES birds.

We have a guard on the chimney now.

No comments:

Post a Comment